Connecting users is social media’s original intent, but in the last decade, social media platforms have evolved to serve other purposes. Tech-savvy brands have learned how to leverage social media as valuable business tools and resources.
Now, businesses across many industries use social media networks to generate better leads, increase conversions, and improve their brand image.
The Impact of Social Media on Business
Today, it’s rare to find a business without a single social media account. As millennials and other younger generations continue to establish themselves as the leading consumers, it’s no longer practical to ignore business strategies based on digital and online solutions.
Educate yourself on social media’s role in business to get a better understanding of its importance to your bottom line.
Social Media Improves Targeted Advertising
Social media management is a common service in digital marketing. Social media gives you access to a wide audience, but it also allows you to reach a specific demographic in your service locations. With the right strategy, you can develop marketing materials that your target audience wants to see.
- Facebook provides a valuable tool for lead generation. The platform makes sure the right people see your ads. You just have to adjust their criteria (e.g., past activity, interests, job description) before posting.
- Instagram provides a valuable tool for better engagement. As an image and video-heavy platform, Instagram is better at attracting your target audience. With the right strategy, you can lead them to your official account or your website.
Social Media Strengthens Branding Efforts
Your online presence is just as important as your reputation in the real-world. Unlike your website, your social media accounts provide you with platforms to actively engage with your audience in real-time. Use them to establish yourself as a reliable authority in your industry.
- Read what customers are saying about your business. Highlight positive comments, reviews, and messages to show your appreciation. Alternatively, reach out to customers who left negative feedback to determine the root problem. Use this as an opportunity to address any shortcomings you have as a brand.
- Share your brand’s core values on social media through the content you post. Doing so gives your target audience a better look into your business, encouraging them to choose you over your competitors.
Social Media Increases Online Sales
Recently, social media platforms have included e-commerce options in their features. Many brands have started utilizing this innovation to boost their sales. You can still use this feature even if you have an online ordering system on your official website.
- Utilize this e-commerce feature for special promos and discounts. You can launch new products or hold sales through your social media store.
- Link your social media store with your website. Have customers fill their cart through the latter before redirecting them to the website for check out. This lets them pick up items immediately after seeing the ad.
Leverage social media for your brand’s continued growth online. Get in touch with 365 Outsource to find out how our team can help you develop the right strategy for a better bottom line.